Maker Faire Africa 2009 is an event that seeks to celebrate African ingenuity, innovation and invention.
Date: August 13-15, 2009
Venue: Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT, Accra, Ghana
- Emeka Okafor of Timbuktu Chronicles and the Director of TED Africa
- Erik Hersman, Founder of AfriGadget
- Lars Hasselblad Torres, Director MIT IDEAS competition
- Mark Grimes, Founder Ned.com and Founder NedSpace
- Nii Simmonds of Nubian Cheetah
Simon Mwangi: Innovation
“Simon Mwangi calls himself a mabati (sheet metal) blacksmith. He takes junk and creates beautiful metal animal sculptures. If you happen by his roadside shop on Ngong Road in Nairobi, you’ll see a number of crocodiles and if you’re lucky, a full sized giraffe.
Simon is the type of individual that is convening in Accra, Ghana this year for Maker Faire Africa…” Maker Faire Africa
If you are in the Accra, Ghana area in mid-August this year, be there or be triangle!