Word Slam Competition featuring Bouqui, Dare & more!
Nigeria Leadership Initiative – To mark the 50th Year Anniversary of Nigeria’s Independence, the Nigeria Leadership Initiative is organising the Nigeria Word Slam Competition! For 2010, we are asking the youth to motivate and inspire their fellow Nigerians through their words. Whether it be poetry, rap or spoken word, we are inviting Nigerians aged 10 to 16 to think about the importance of values, and incorporate 4 of them into their written piece. The best 10 entries will be compiled into a book. The writer of the best piece will have the opportunity to work with some of Nigeria’s biggest artists, and have their words produced into a song! The artiste line-up currently includes MI, Bouqui, Dare, Rooftop MCs, TY Bello and Omawumi!
RULES FOR ENTRY
1. Entrants must be of Nigerian origin, aged 10 – 16
2. Entrants must compose an original poem, rap or spoken word piece to including at least 4 of the following key values:
* Justice & Equity
* Family values
3. Entries must be received by 25th of June 2010. Entries can be emailed or posted to the following addresses:
* Email: email@example.com
* Postal Address: Nigeria Leadership Initiative, 35 Moloney Street, Lagos, Nigeria
4. Entries should be clearly marked: Nigeria Wordslam Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Any entry received after 25th of June, 2010 will not be considered.
2. NLI reserves the right to use all entries as part of the Nigeria Word Slam Competition. This may include posting the poem on the organisation’s website, and in the production of the final song, music video and poetry book. Where work is used, the writer will always be credited.
3. The Nigeria Leadership Initiative holds the right to choose the top pieces of work.