By Sheriff Shittu, Web Trends Nigeria
The summit is schedule between November 29th and December 1st this year; sponsored by Nokia and WorldBank with support from Capgemini. It will bring together 200 African thought leaders to discuss how to accelerate building innovative society in Africa.
A site has been launched to crowd source innovative ideas across Africa, engaging technologists, innovators and social entrepreneurs to come up with ideas for discussion. Top 8 ideas contributors will be invited to participate in the summit in person.
Idea Focus areas:
- Ecosystem for Innovation
- Emerging Market Business Models
- Mobile Services Revolution
- Human Capital – Education for All
October 19 – November 12: Ideation Period
- OIAS ideas site open for contribution to the four streams
- Rolling evaluation of contributions by OIAS sponsor group
November 12: End of ideation
- Ideas submitted after this date will not be evaluated
November 15: Winners informed
- Winners summit tickets and travel arranged
- Total of 8 winners
November 29: Summit begins
Do you have an idea to share with the world? What to participate in the summit? Go join the conversation here.
About Sheriff Shittu
Sheriff Shittu is a web developer, strategist and industry analyst. As a web developer, some of his applications are currently running in top universities across Nigeria. He is Founder of Nigeria’s first automated web ranking platform, webtrendsng.com.