The GSP is inspired by two critical questions:
- How can the next generation of global leaders ensure a peaceful and prosperous future for Africa and the world?
- What are the skills young leaders everywhere in the world must develop to create global change in the 21st century?
In this unprecedented era of globalization, Africa will not develop in a vacuum. Africa’s future, and the world’s, will depend on the connections made between leaders – at a young age – to share ideas, identify opportunities, and build dynamic organizations. The Global Scholars Program will prepare future leaders to explore their potential to create widespread change in Africa – and throughout the world.
If selected to become a Global Scholar, you will reflect on who you are, and identify ways to expand your understandings of your potential. You will gain a deep understanding of Africa’s challenges and opportunities. You will develop your leadership skills. You will work with your peers to launch an initiative for a community in need. And you will have the time of your life! Explore this site to learn more about the Global Scholars Program offered at African Leadership Academy.
This summer, the GSP will run from July 17th through August, 5th 2011.
What are the criteria?
Each applicant will be judged on the following:
- Leadership Potential: applicant’s desire to grow as a leader as demonstrated by positions held and experiences had.
- Global Mindset: applicant’s ability to posses a global point of view that is equipped to add depth to the academic and extracurricular experiences offered during the program.
- Service: applicant’s capacity to serve others and create opportunities to positively impact afflicted communities.
- Academic Excellence: applicant’s history of academic achievement in high-level courses.
How to apply?
Please download the application form for detailed information regarding eligibility, competition timeline, submission instructions, and financial assistance. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis beginning March 15th, 2011!
For more information, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org