Tech-In Governance is an unusual event focusing on technology innovation and application for citizen participation in governance.
The 48hr experiment will gather geeks and designers with stakeholders from different walks of life to co-create novel web and mobile based solution aimed at empowering citizen to contribute to good governance through participation. Tech-IN is not a talk-shop but a living lab where contextualised cool solutions are birthed.
Tech-In Governance is the maiden edition of the Tech-IN Series, a quarterly event aimed at harnessing the power of technology for economic development in Nigeria.
Venue: Pan African University, 2 Ahmed Onibudo Street, Off Adeola Hopewell, Victoria Island, Lagos
Thursday 24th March, 4.00pm
Friday 25th March (9am – 6pm) and Saturday 26th March, (9am – 3pm)
Saturday 26th March, 3:30 – 5:30pm
Some of the ideas shortlisted for the event include:
* Project Watch: A project execution monitoring system where citizen can certify execution of government projects.
* Citizens Against Rigging Election (C.A.R.E.): CARE’ is an initiative to combat election rigging in Nigerian.This initiative is designed to organize interested members of the public and professional organizations within and outside of Nigeria; and to connect them by the singular use of a mobile phone.
* Residents Reports: a Social Innovation application that “puts the city in our hands, allows citizens/residents decide the destiny of their communities and gets public service agencies to do their jobs accountably”. The Residents Report platform,
* CitizenVine: A web application that allows citizen to suggest and rate project ideas for the government as well as review ongoing projects by the government.
* ideas2020: is a web application that will empower people to drive innovation towards realizing Nigeria’s vision2020. The web application collect specific ideas from citizens, give them a platform to vote, the most important ideas bubble to the top.
* Budget4u: to do analysis of the Nigerian state and federal budgets and present them in a readable format which includes figures, charts, diagram and performance analysis for the Nigerian populace. This is key to proper understanding of what budgets entails
Tech-In Series is an initiative of Co-creation Hub Nigeria – a social enterprise committed to bringing together people from different sectors to work collaboratively on solutions to social problems in Nigeria. CcHUB exist to empower people to collectively develop and implement solutions to the social challenges they face in their society.
Other organizations affiliated with the event include the Lagos Business School and Main One Cable among others.
For more information visit: www.tech-in.org
Spread the word.