Arojah Concepts, an Abuja based edutainment outfit in collaboration with SOMETIN FO EVRIBODI has concluded plans to publish an Antoloji of Naija Puems (Poems in Nigerian Pidgin) and thereby wishes to invite interested Nigerians to send in their entries.
The anthology which will be released in the third quarter of the year is part of efforts by the organizers, in collaboration with the Naija Langwej Akademi and the Institute Francaise de Recherche en Afrique au Nigeria (IFRA Nigeria) to promote writings in Naija Langwej (aka Nigerian Pidgin) which is growing steadily across the country.
Interested Nigerians/Poets are expected to send in their entries in accordance with the following guidelines;
-Between 3 – 5 poems written purely in Naija langwej (pidgin English).
– Each of the five poems must not be more than 2 typed pages
– Typed with font size 14 (point) Garamond
– Must be original and never published
– Poets/poems are free to explore any theme/subject of their choice.
– Poems are free to offer an appraisal of the relationship
and cultures of Nigeria and other cultures.
– Entries should include contact details of Poets.
– Allentries in MS word should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or
– All entries must be received on or before Friday 29th of April 2011
* Ten poems will be selected from all the entries received and the Poets
will receive various categories of prizes in appreciation of their creativity.
For further enquiries: 0803 453 0786, 08080900813