Committed to showcasing the amazing efforts of young people and their impact on communities across
Nigeria, LEAP Africa is proud to announce the 8th Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards. These
awards will recognize outstanding young Nigerians who have initiated social change projects in their
The objectives of the 8th Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards are:
• To identify young people in Nigeria who have initiated change projects that are focused on
improving the lives of others.
• To encourage and support these young people in their efforts
• To showcase their impact on local communities and to demonstrate that the youth can effectively
serve as change leaders in Nigeria
The awards would recognize youth in the following categories:
• Secondary school students in LEAPs’ Leadership, Ethics and Civics (LEC) programme in
Anambra, Lagos and Ogun State.
• 5 outstanding youth between the ages of 18 and 30
Please note that the call for application is open for only the second category.
a. Be between 18 and 30 years old
b. Have played a leadership role in creating positive changes in their local communities
c. Be able to show tangible evidence of impact
d. Demonstrate that their initiative has potential for growth or further replication
e. Demonstrate high-level of integrity and the willingness to serve as role models for other youth
The finalist will be recognized during a nationally publicized event that will be held on November 10,
2011 in Lagos.
All applications should be returned to LEAP Africa office at 13 Omorinre Johnson Street, Off Admiralty
Way, Lekki Phase 1, Lekki Peninsula, Lagos or by post to P.O. Box 75427, Victoria Island, Lagos or via
email to Asuquo Asuquo at: email@example.com before June 30th, 2011. Applications can also be
downloaded at LEAP Africa’s website at: www.leapafrica.org/Downloads.php
NOMINATE A YOUNG PERSON OR APPLY TODAY!
ONLY FINALISTS WILL BE NOTIFIED! www.leapafrica.org