Nigerian musician, eLDee recently announced an initiative created by Trybe Records called “Top Talent“. It is a platform for unsigned Nigerian artists of all genres that allows them to showcase their talent and possibly get a record deal. The contest requires unsigned talent to enter an mp3 song for free by sending an email with their song attached. eLDee and his team of A&Rs will then listen to all entries and select the top 10. The top 10 entries will be posted on a website for free online voting by the general public. The Top Talent based on online votes will automatically get featured on eLDee’s upcoming “Is it your money Vol.2” album including a possible music recording deal offer from Trybe Records.
OPPORTUNITY FOR UNSIGNED NIGERIAN ARTISTS:
* Send ONE mp3 song (NO LINKS) to: Trybeproductions@gmail.com You must be the owner of the song or recording to enter the competition. Deadline for entries is April 22, 2011 at 2:00am EST.
* All songs will go through a pre-screening process by an internal team and the best 10 songs will be posted online. Links for listening and voting will be provided at (https://www.facebook.com/eLDeeMusic?sk=app_125898177458513) on April 25, 2011.
* The general public will listen and vote online to narrow the field down to the best 3 artists.Th top 3 artistes get scrutinized further by the internal team. The top 3 songs with the highest number of online votes will be selected on May 6, 2011
* The Winner will be announced on May 13, 2011.
Your entry will be disqualified if;
* You send more than ONE song
* You send in a collaboration song (It is difficult to tell who is who)
* You send in a song which you do not own the copyright to (It is okay to do a cover song, but you must be the artist who did the performance on the recording)
* By sending your song to email@example.com, you agree that your song may be published online for streaming and voting by the general public.
Top Talent on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eLDeeMusic?sk=app_125898177458513
Another initiative by Trybe Records to encourage the arts among Nigerian youths.