“By 2020 Nigeria will be one of the 20 largest economies in the world able to consolidate its leadership role in Africa and establish itself as a significant player in the global economic and political arena.”
IDEAS2020 is an online platform for crowdsourcing innovative ideas from citizens towards achieving Nigeria’s Vision 2020. These ideas will be community based micro-projects realizable with maximum of N500,000. You can visit the site at www.ideas2020.com.
Led by Stanley Ojadovwa, Ideas2020 was conceptualised and developed at Tech-In–Governance (www.tech-in.org), a 48-hour gathering of ideas, people and digital tools aimed at creating novel web & mobile solutions to transform citizen participation in governance in Nigeria run by the Co-Creation Hub (www.cchubnigeria.com) in March 2011.
Ideas2020 is an independent, citizens’ driven initiative based in Nigeria with the aim to:
- Seek citizens’ ideas for Nigeria economic development
- Help stimulate a debate about solutions to our economic problems
- Set a challenge to people in Nigeria to be innovative and creative and to play their part in planning this country’s economic development
- Type www.ideas2020.com into your browser
- Add an idea (a community based micro project) related to Education, Health, Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Agriculture, Macro-economy, Polity
- Vote on ideas on the platform
- After every quarter, the top 3 voted ideas are reviewed by a panel of experts
- The best ideas are funded
You are invited to share the website with your business associates, colleagues, friends and family. Submit your micro community projects on the site and it can potentially be funded.