From a combined score awarded by the judging panel the votes from public polls:
- 3AL is a personalized business networking portal, where individuals can buy and sell online. Consider it social network (e.g Facebook) + e-commerce (e.g e-Bay). Perhaps why they went with the slogan “Make Money, Make Friends”
- DealDey offers you the best on Dinning, Travel, Entertainment, Movies, Spa, Healthcare services and lots more in your city for up to 90% off – by simply following these steps: Subscribe > Buy Deal > Receive Coupon > Redeem Deal
- Co-Creation Hub is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space being designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place. In short it births startups.
- BudgITng serves as the bridge by using creative methods such as info-graphic displays on mobile and web pages to deliver Nigeria’s budgets to larger sections of the populace. Interesting fact is that it’s one of the startups from Co-Creation Hub.
- Pagatech is a mobile payment platform for Nigerians. Simply register online or by SMS; deposit cash in your paga account via agent, partner banks, or Verve/MasterCard; then send money to any phone, or pay your bills. It’s simple.
- Bloovue helps advertisers connect with their Audience wherever they are. It was created to allow local businesses have the opportunity to advertise via simple ad creation tools on local sites, in spite of the large traffic those sites generated every day.
- Wakanow provides customers everything they need for researching, planning, and purchasing a whole trip. Our portal provides direct access to one of the broadest selections of travel deals and services through its North American and localized version in Nigeria.
- Iroko Partners is the publisher of some of the best loved Nigerian video and entertainment brands on the web including NollywoodLove and recent sensation YorubaLove. The influential media group now produces 5 original brands with a collective Network of 81 managed brands for audience of 1.8 million unique viewers and readers.
- Afrinolly African movies in your pocket! You can view trailers, reviews, music video, comedy, and full length african movies on smartphones – Andriod/Blackberry. Afrinolly brings the latest news and gist/gossips about movies, music and celebs in Africa. You can share via email, Facebook, Twitter and other sharing apps
- Encipher is an IT product and service delivery company which provides products and computing infrastructures for different types of companies ranging from start-ups to large corporate organizations. Perhaps the Inye Tablet PC is most impressive product.
We also want to recognize Descasio - a startup committed to improving business operations by leveraging on cloud technologies, as well as Simon&Noble - one of Nigeria’s leading digital communication (new media) companies.
We appreciate CP-Africa, Otekbits, Tech360NG, other partners and all that participated. Wish you a prosperous 2012 filled with more Nigerian startups that will solve Nigerian and global problems.
Happy New Year!