Entrepreneur launches KPad, Ghana’s answer to the iPad

Ghanaian entrepreneur, Mr. Kofi Kludgeson, recently unveiled the KPad, an Android based tablet device which he hopes will serve as Ghana’s answer to the iPad. (See product specs below this post) KPad which stands for Kludgeson Pad will be sold to consumers at a rate of 75 Ghanaian Cedis per month over a three year period to enhance its affordability among Ghanaians. Kludgeson hopes to capture about 1% of the Ghanaian market with his product.

Kludgeson who is the Executive Chairman of Alltell in Ghana is also founder of Akasanoma PC and Internet TV.

According to him:

“Our target is to distribute a minimum of 204,000 units of the Akasanoma triple play all–in-one PC internet and TV system and KPad tablets to workers students, corporate and educational institutions in all 170 districts in Ghana which represents about one percent of the Ghanaian population within three years.”

He continued:

“The first year of Alltel will be product introduction, product education, heavy promotion and market penetration; the second and third years will be periods of rapid market growth.”

Kludgeson recently revealed to CP-Africa that the KPad will be launching in Nigeria later this year. Check back with us for more updates.

A Sample KPad

SPECIFICATIONS: 9.7inch K-PAD tablet with Android OS, Multi–touch screen, LCD screen, Freescale i.MX515 CORTEX A8 CPU, 2G Flash memory, Bluetooth, WIFI support 802.11b/g, 1.3 mega pixel webcam, supports word, excel, PowerPoint, PDF and TXT, supports most video and audio player formats, USB, e-learning and e-books.

Post Author: CPAfrica.com

Every year, CP-Africa attracts millions of unique visitors that want to learn about technology, innovation & the future of business in Africa. To become a contributor, e-mail editor@cp-africa.com. For adverts and sponsorships, e-mail adverts@cp-africa.com

7 thoughts on “Entrepreneur launches KPad, Ghana’s answer to the iPad

• Nuubee

(January 17, 2012 - 4:53 pm)

I really got no comment, as I am confused whether to be happy or sad for this sought of innovation. I suppose the name KPad first took me off balance, and the functionality of the device got to amuse me. So it's with mixed feelings that I get to see this device. Sure can't wait to lay my hands on one to make a review. But for now, I'd sit on the fence skeptical about it.

• EMMANUEL

(January 19, 2012 - 5:36 am)

such innovations must be encouraged. This is what blossoms into a big tree some day. I am proud of Kudjeson as a ghanaian, an african, and most of all as a lover of IT.

• Morgan

(January 20, 2012 - 5:38 pm)

This is a complete innovation with a minimal utilization of it resources. I respect your first step in creativity, in the IT industries:::::::::::::::::i wonder when would Nigeria starts to learn and ready to face it challenges.. This is our South African started. Go Ghana, i love This !!!!!!!

• AfroDiva

(January 23, 2012 - 10:53 am)

This is good news. Rome was not built in a day. At least, they are starting from somewhere, with time, they will become more knowledgeable and confident to come out with their own unique products. Congrats!

• Selorm

(January 31, 2012 - 4:25 pm)

I believe this is good for Ghana and Africa as a whole. Good bless Ghana, God bless Africa

• Chemroll

(March 23, 2012 - 12:41 pm)

instead of the government officials promoting such innovations, they would rather promote foriegn products by taking some few dollars from the whitefolks. i just finish reading the graphic and have seen the veep launching and encouraging ghanaians about the use and the splendid innovation of the ipad, whiles kpad; a native product with a bright future sits in the hands and corridors of Mr Kludgeson and his group. I will do my possible best to put Kpad into the ghanaian domain and make sure its hits the market big time. God bless you Mr Kludgeson, we say Ayekooooooooooooooooo!!!

• senyo

(May 17, 2012 - 1:02 pm)

this is commendable and needs encouragement but admittedly very expensive