We are a start up manufacturer of clothes and accessories for the female Nigerian Market and Nigerian Diaspora markets in the US, Canada and UK. Our target customers are stylish and fashionable women between the ages of 15 – 35 who are looking for access to our product offering and a hassle free shopping experience. Our product personality can described as chic feminine sophistication with a hint of frivolity and a dash of audacity. We offer both on trend items and stylish timeless pieces.
We are excited to partner with a vibrant and visionary Head of Design. This position is based in Nigeria, preferably Lagos or Abuja. However location is negotiable if the applicant is willing to travel as often as is needed.
Rewards & Remuneration
1. The successful applicant will be rewarded with the opportunity to work in a creative, product and challenging work environment.
2. The successful applicant will also be rewarded with the opportunity to launch his or her own designs into the market place with the full support of the start up
3. The co – founders are offering equity as remuneration. Amount of equity offered and other benefits are negotiable
4. The start-up will provide the necessary equipment and tools for success
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Together with the Creative Director, establish the creative direction of the start -up
2. Follow fashion trends in the western world, Nigeria and Nigerian Diaspora
3. Design garments inspired by these trends and incorporate the use of Nigerian textiles
4. Also design stylish timeless garments that incorporate the use of Nigerian textiles
5. Ensure the garments are suited to the peculiarities of Nigerian climate, garment
care practices, culture and aesthetics
6. Produce well made samples of these garments and from these samples, develop patterns for a range of sizes
7. Together with the Creative Team, identify key customer requirements and coordinate with product supply and marketing to ensure these requirements are implemented in the products
8. Develop contacts and key business relationships within the fashion, entertainment and textile supply industries in Nigeria
Experiences, Skills & Qualifications
1.Knowledge and experience of the Nigerian fashion and retail business environment, the target market segment and their unmet needs
2. Experience with using various Nigerian and Western fabrics in garment design and production
3. Demonstrable and impeccable skills in draping, fitting, cutting, sewing and finishing skills are required
4. Demonstrable and impeccable pattern making and sizing skills are required
5. Knowledge of large scale clothes manufacturing work processes is highly preferred
6. Knowledge of textiles and their properties, textile design, manufacture and care is highly preferred
7. A degree in fashion design from a design institute or similar tertiary institute is highly preferred
8. A network of contacts in the fashion, entertainment and textile supply and garment making industries is highly preferred
9. Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to concurrently manage a number of projects
10.Demonstrable ability to work with strict deadlines and under pressure.
If you are interested in joining us as a minority technical partner, please send your CV or resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position and how well you meet the experiences, skills and qualifications required. Please also send
at least 5 – 10 pictures of garments designed and produced by you in the last year that best match your interpretation of our product personality.
Nigeria: 0818 568 3199
Nigeria: 0805 633 4984
USA: 832 228 5214