The 6 ideas are:
- GENIUS QUIZ GAME: an interactive, fun, and cheap quiz system developed locally with the collaboration of school teachers given to students at the beginning of the terms ( or end of terms), containing 5,000 quiz on subject to be learned (or learned).
- Pronunciation Buddy: A colourful application that would aid little children learn the correct pronunciation of words.
- TWIK (Teaching What I Know): a mobile/Web application that has contents created by students themselves, that allows students to teach and share what they know about a particular subject or topic of their choice.
- Scrabble in Schools initiative (SiSi): taking scrabble board game (electronic version) to schools (primary and secondary) as a mind building, vocabulary enhacing and logic skills improvement tool.
- Genii Games: Educative software games that combine animation, sounds,videos, games, graphics and text to teach subjects that are directly relevant to the Nigerian people specifically Social and Civic Studies.
- Teacher Training Online: Learning communities for school-based, in-service Teachers’ Training Enabled by mobile technology
Over the next 2 days, the team will work tirelessly to build a working prototype of the solutions, define the business model and sustainability plan for the idea and design a clear route-to-market strategy for the solution.
The event will end with a pitching event (Dragon’s Den style) where the 7 ideas will present the solutions worked on over the weekend to our panel of judges from 4pm on Sunday, 19th of February at the CcHub. You are also invited to attend this session.
The judging panel includes Mrs. Bunmi Lawson (MD ACCION Microfinance Bank), Mr Gbenro Adegbola (MD Evans Publishing Group), Mrs Abolaji Osime (CEO, Global International College), Mr Chinenye Mba-Uzokwu (MD, Infographics) and Mrs Edna Agusto (CEO, Readmanna Books).
The top 3 ideas will be awarded seed funding of $3000USD for 1st, $2000USD for 2nd and $1500USD for 3rd courtesy of Samsung Nigeria.
Co-Creation Hub Nigeria will support the idea owners and their team to develop, test and launch their ideas as sustainable social enterprises after the event.
Tech-In Education is the second edition of the Tech-IN Series, a series of events aimed at harnessing the power of technology in different sectors for economic development in Nigeria.
The first edition of the series Tech-In Governance run in March 2012 has already lead to the formation of innovative ventures actively engaging Nigerian in governance including BudgIT (www.yourbudgit.com) and Ideas2020 (www.ideas2020.com).
Tech-In Series is an initiative of Co-Creation Hub Nigeria a social enterprises committed to empowering Nigerians to solve the social problems they live with everyday using creativity, innovation and technology.