Nigeria’s largest telecommunications company, MTN recently launched its mobile advertising business, MTN Mobile Ads. Through MTN Mobile Ads, the organization aims to help small and large organizations advertise to the telecom company’s estimated 50 million subscribers.
According to MTN,
Mobile advertising is a cost effective means for brands to directly target advertising at the mobile phones of prospects and customers who would want/need their products and services in a more measurable manner than many other channels currently provide. MTN Mobile Ads offers just this, a mobile advertising platform based on the largest family of mobile subscribers in Nigeria to whom brands can target advertising in a cost-effective and measureable manner.
The service offers the following features:
- iSMS mobile advertisements are text based mobile advertisements that request information from the customer. These types of mobile advertisements are particularly useful in gathering customer data are customer replies are toll free.
- MMS mobile advertisements offer picture, colour, animation and sound allowing the advertisements to contain more for an enhanced experience.
- SMS Flash Message mobile advertisements are text based messages that pop up on your screen making it impossible for you to miss. It is also possible for the customer to save for future action.
- Rich Media mobile advertisements allows the full complement of video, sound, picture, animation, text and everything else that make for an all-engaging advertisement. This however, would require that the recipient has a smartphone and internet.
- Location based mobile advertisements are used by organizations to target customers who are in close proximity to their shops, restaurants, showrooms etc where products, services, promos or offers are currently available. These advertisements can be received by customers in various mobile advertising formats.
- USSD Flash Message mobile advertisements pop up on the phone of the recipient making them impossible to ignore. Unlike SMS flash message mobile advertisements these advertisements cannot be saved.
- IVR advertisements are jingles played to customers calling the MTN Call Centre as they wait to be attended to. This is strictly an opt-in service and is only played to the customer upon acceptance.
- Caller tunes are jingles played to callers to organizations who subscribe to this service. An organization can choose to make all customers/prospects that call any of its contact numbers or any of its staff numbers, hear it jingle while waiting for the call to be picked.
For more information, visit mtnbusiness.com.ng/mobileads