July 09, 2012, Lagos, Nigeria – Research In Motion (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM; TSX: RIM) yesterday introduced two sleek, stylish and affordable new smartphones, the BlackBerry® Curve™ 9320 and BlackBerry® Curve™ 9220, for socially-connected customers in Nigeria.
Designed to be easy to use and easy to own, the new Curve models offer customers an outstanding combination of features and apps to help them stay connected to the people and information that matter most to them.
The new Curve smartphones offer the best keyboards in their class for quick and easy typing, and they even feature a new dedicated BBM™ key to bring the power of RIM’s popular mobile social network up in an instant. They also offer the longest lasting battery life yet in a BlackBerry Curve smartphone, allowing users to make the most of their day.
Key features include:
- Preloaded apps for Facebook® and Twitter®, allowing customers to easily interact with their friends and other contacts in real time
- The new Social Feeds 2.0 app, allowing customers to post updates to multiple social networks simultaneously and capture updates from news sources (RSS), social apps and instant messaging apps all in one consolidated view
- A built-in FM radio that does not use data services, allowing customers to tune into their favorite local stations
- An integrated camera which supports video recording. Pictures taken with the BlackBerry Curve 9320 can also be tagged with their location thanks to the smartphone’s built-in GPS
- Long battery life with up to 7 hours of talk time or up to 28 hours of FM radio listening or music playback with headphones (music playback is rated at up to 30 hours on the BlackBerry Curve 9320)
- Built-in Wi-Fi® connectivity
Waldi Wepener, Regional Director for East, West and Central Africa at Research In Motion says: “BlackBerry Curve smartphones have been extremely popular in Nigeria, offering affordable access to BBM and other popular social networks. The new compact and stylish BlackBerry Curve models offer improved battery life and a truly unique messaging and social networking experience that will appeal especially to Nigerian customers who want to upgrade to a smartphone for the first time, or existing BlackBerry Curve customers looking for a step up in speed and functionality.”
The BlackBerry Curve 9320 and BlackBerry Curve 9220 smartphones are now available from authorized retailers and distributors in Nigeria.
For more information please visit: http://worldwide.blackberry.
About Research In Motion
Research In Motion (RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, revolutionized the mobile industry with the introduction of the BlackBerry® solution in 1999. Today, BlackBerry products and services are used by millions of customers around the world to stay connected to the people and content that matter most throughout their day. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, RIM operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. RIM is listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market (NASDAQ: RIMM) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RIM). For more information, visitwww.rim.com or www.blackberry.com.