The Next Web, a leading international technology news blog recently launched Startup World, a global competition to find the world’s most innovative startups.
Startup World is now open in the following African cities: Cape Town, South Africa, Nairobi, Kenya, Dar Es Salam, Tanzania and Kigali, Rwanda. There would be pitching competitions held in 36 cities world-wide. The winners of the competitions will be invited to Silicon Valley for the grand finale in 2012.
- To enter Startup World, your startup must have been launched within the last 2 years
- If your startup has received external funding, it can only be funding up to $500K USD
- You must have a demonstrable product or service
- You must be prepared to talk about your product and service in public and have it demonstrated and recorded for public broadcast
- Pitch and application documents must be in English or you must provide a translator
- The startup can be across any field; clean tech or consumer tech for example, but must be for profit
Prizes include a place at one of Silicon Valley’s top accelerators i/o Ventures.
To learn more about Startup World, visit www.startupworld.com