February 2013 will mark the first time Social Media Week takes place on the continent of Africa! Social Media Week Lagos brings together thought leaders, creatives, entrepreneurs and everyday citizens from Nigeria -and throughout the continent and the diaspora- to explore how people and organizations are connecting to share new ideas and information.
Social Media Week is a worldwide event exploring the social, cultural and economic impact of social media. The Lagos edition will consist of 10 events from February 18 – 22. The Initial schedule is as follows:
– 6pm- 8pm, The Afripolitans Landing Reception + Countdown to Lagos, Hosted by The Afripolitans at ‘a whitespace’.
– Keynote Address by Yinka Adegoke, Billboard, Hosted by Social Media Week Lagos at Terra Kulture.
– 11am – 2pm, Showcase: New Media in Governance, Hosted by EiE Nigeria.
– 4pm – 9pm, Lost in Lagos, Found on Social Media, Hosted by Lostinlagos.com at ‘a whitespace’.
– 9am – 4pm, #smwWTL Welcome To Lagos: ‘The Lagos You Never See’ Mobile Hangout, Hosted by Society HAE at Terra Kulture.
– 1pm – 3pm, Radio Netherlands Video Blogger Workshop.
– 9pm – 1am, Spinlet Presents: Industry Nite @ The Oriental Hotel.
– 9am – 11am, 5 Things You Can Learn From The Mouse, Hosted by Orange Academy, Lagos at Orange Academy.
– 12pm – 6pm, Show & Tell: Technology and Government Accountability, Hosted by EiE Nigeria at Co-Creation Hub Nigeria.
– 11am – 12:30pm, Who’s Afraid of Social Media, Politics and Governance? Hosted by EiE Nigeria.
“Together with our amazing partners and our growing community, we are passionate about accelerating our understanding of social media’s role in society. We recognize that through collaboration we can deepen our knowledge, share ideas and inspire each other to take full advantage of the incredible opportunities in front of us.” Toby Daniels, Founder & Executive Director, Social Media Week