In partnership with Sweden, infoDev’s Mobile Innovation Program is proud to announce the mAgri Challenge. Finalists will be invited to pitch before investors in November 2013.
Mobile innovation in the agricultural sector faces at least two major challenges:
- While there is a proliferation of market information mobile apps, few of these have been adopted widely across the African continent, making it difficult to achieve scale and profitability.
- Despite proven benefits of mobile agri apps, the mobile entrepreneurship community and the agribusiness community often suffer from a lack of obvious linkages and ways to collaborate.
Seeding Growth in Mobile Agriculture: The mAgri Challenge – Not just for farmers
Many exciting agricultural apps providing market information have been developed. Comparatively, few apps exist in the business-to-business value chain, where they could have significant impact.
This translates into a gap and an opportunity for mobile innovators whose potential user-base is large and diverse. The mAgri Challenge seeks to showcase the diversity of mobile apps across the agribusiness value chain and to identify business models with high-growth potential across Africa.
You should apply if you…
- Are an entrepreneur with an established mobile business based in Africa;
- Have launched or are working on a prototype of a mobile agriculture application;
- Are looking to grow your business and seeing good growth prospects locally and/or abroad;
- Are impatient to substantially grow your market share and product portfolio;
- Are looking for innovative methods, business approaches, products and processes that could be applied to your business to drive its growth;
- Are interested in business coaching support
How to apply
STEP 1: SUBMIT your concept at www.infodev.org/magri. Your app will be featured in our online catalog
and eligible for consideration in our upcoming mAgri challenge.
STEP 2: COMPETE by entering your business plan in the mAgri challenge for a chance to pitch before investors in November 2013. Visit www.infodev.org/magri for additional details and eligibility requirements. All submissions must be received by July 31, 11:59 PM EST
STEP 3: PITCH before a panel of industry experts and investors in November 2013. Select finalists will be chosen at this event
QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com
Learn more about the challenge at www.infodev.org/mAgriChallenge