Good news coming out of Tanzania says Zantel is providing mobile TV services.
Zantel is launching a new mobile streaming television service to their customers while hoping this move will attract new customers as well.
Zantel is part of the Etisalat Group and was started in 1999 with mainland operations starting 2005. Headquarters in Abu Dhabi, Etisalat Group is one of the world’s leading telecom groups in emerging markets. Since its inception almost four decades ago, Etisalat has been introducing innovative connectivity solutions for its customers across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Zantel is the only Integrated Telecom service provider in Tanzania offering International Gateway services, Fixed, Mobile and data services through its CDMA, GSM , 3G networks.
Zantel is a joint venture between Emirates Telecommunications Corporation (ETISALAT) which owns 85% and the other 15% by the Government of Zanzibar .
Speaking at the launch, CEO Pratap Ghose is reported to have said “having access to current events and up-to-date information is important in the modern world because change is constant.”
The Tanzanian operator revealed that it is launching Zuninga Television in order to “provide its mobile phone subscribers with news, movies, gospel, sports and other content from a number of domestic media houses.”
Now Tanzanians can get to watch TV on their smart phones.