Global telecommunications company, Bharti Airtel has partnered with Singaporean telecommunications company Singtel and smartphone company Samsung to launch the Singtel/Airtel Accelerator Challenge, a new app challenge for startup developers.
Startups and developers in Africa & Asia are invited to participate in an open challenge to build the next big app to take to market in 2016. The Accelerator Challenge seeks to identify innovative mobile apps and solutions that will touch individual consumers.
According to Airtel Africa Chief Executive Officer, Christian de Faria, “This initiative is a great opportunity for developers in Africa to come up with innovative mobile apps that directly touch individual consumer’s needs. We hope to partner with like-minded individuals who will come forward and work together with us to come up with apps that will help us deliver the best smartphone experience for customers.”
- 2 local winners from Africa will participate in the Startup Mentorship Program in October in Singapore.
- All finalists will pitch their apps at the Grand Final in November (country venue to be decided).
- 1 final winner will be selected and announced at the Grand Final in Nov.
- Lifestyle – help the individuals in their everyday life. It’s about social, fun, and productivity.
- On-demand Economy – connect the supply and demand; allowing a consumer to buy anything from goods to services
- Smart Living – communicate with surrounding appliances and devices to enhance living.
- Apps must be 80%-90% ready for deployment and should not have been launched yet.
- Participant must be individuals residing or companies registered in the country where the local competition is being held.
- Participants must provide a live demonstration of their app during the pitch session for the grand finale.
All submissions should be in by September 5, 2015. For submission and more information about the app challenge, click here.