Barclays Africa, in partnership with Think Rise Africa has launched an accelerator for Health and FinTech startups in Africa, Tech Lab Africa.
The programme which will take in between eight to ten startups in Cape Town, forms part of a global initiative to plug start-ups, corporates and innovators into a physical and digital global network in order to connect, co-create and scale solutions that benefit customers.
Application into the 13-week accelerator programme is currently open to FinTech, Digital Health and Health Information Technology startups.
Startups must match the following criteria:
- Venture proposition should address or solve existing challenges in the relevant sector or create opportunities in previously unchartered areas.
- At a minimum, the ventures must have a working prototype.
- Evidence of market traction is preferable.
- Preference to revenue generating ventures will be given.
- Core management team must be present at the RISE Cape Town site for the duration of the programme.
- Venture team must commit to mentoring for the duration of the programme.
Successful applicants will participate in a 3-month programme in Cape Town, where they will be opportune to engage with local and international mentors, as well as senior Barclays Africa executives, subject matter experts and industry leaders.
Deadline for application is August 3, 2015. Click here to apply.