Forbes has just released the list of the richest men in the world for 2016. The list features five Nigerians which are the following:
- Mr Abdulsamad Rabiu, who is on the fifth position in Nigeria and the 1505th position on the world rankings. He is valued at $1.1B.
- The fourth position is occupied by Mrs Folorunsho Alakija who is the richest woman in the country sitting on the 1156th position on the world rankings and valued at $1.55B.
- The third placed Nigerian on the list is the business tycoon himself, Mr Femi Otedola who is valued at $1.85B and is comfortably occupying the 971th position on the world rankings.
- The second placed Nigerian is Mike Adenuga on the 114th position in the world rankings and valued at $9.86B. The business mogul who is the Chairman of Globacom Nigeria and other firms, he also has investments in the oil and gas industry.
- The richest Nigerian for years running is Mr Aliko Dangote. He is the richest black man in the world occupying the 60th position in the World Forbes ranking and also the Number one spot in Africa. He is presently valued at $14.44B.
It is indeed a thing of motivation that Nigerians are moving up the ladder on the Forbes list of richest men in the world. I do hope that you and I do make the cut someday.
Congratulations to those presently occupying these spots on the list of richest men.