Google is currently look for a country manager to fit their vacant position of Country manager.
This position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
The area: Business and Operations Strategy
The Business and Operations Strategy team thinks strategically and globally about entire industries and helps Google define business and operational initiatives that contribute to the company’s growth. Our team of highly creative visionaries thrives in deconstructing and re-creating businesses to meet changing strategic and operational needs, enable innovation, establish more efficient business practices and help the company continue to achieve its vast potential. Our work includes such projects as developing and implementing next-generation advertising products, defining strategies to optimize data center technology and operations, and establishing business initiatives for emerging markets. We measure our effectiveness by monitoring the concrete impact we have on revenue, cost and operational efficiency.
The role: Country Manager
As Country Manager, Nigeria, you’ll be one of Google’s regional leaders and a local spokesperson, representing the company in all of our major business development and partnership opportunities and serving as the voice of the Nigerian user at Google. You’re a visionary and a leader with solid technical skills and experience in managing a variety of technical projects. Additionally, you’re innovative, entrepreneurial and business-savvy. You bring a solid understanding of the country and region’s information and technology communications ecosystem, and you’ll quickly be able to recruit and manage a team. You have experience setting up or running an office and have managed teams successfully on complex, technical projects and strategic initiatives.
- Lead market development opportunities and execute major initiatives that correspond with the Google Africa strategy and are aligned with Google’s mission, values and capabilities
- Optimize the local infrastructure by leading the company’s technology-driven initiatives within the country and the region
- Localize core Google services and products to the local market and manage all aspects of product, ensuring that they are locally relevant and achieve established targets
- Provide superior technical oversight of local Google projects
- Work closely with the Google Kenya office to ensure resources are managed effectively, teams are aligned and East Africa initiatives are well-coordinated
- BA or BS degree in computer science preferred, advanced degree a plus
- Experience working in or with engineering and product management teams
- Experience working with telcos, ISPs and mobile operators
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills, and experience with negotiating and partner management
- A thorough understanding of the Nigerian information and technology communications ecosystem, including backbone infrastructure, last-mile access and local content
- Understanding of marketing and operations, specifically having demonstrated the ability to successfully launch and scale products and services
- Ability to recruit and manage a world-class team