International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award has unveiled the 10-strong lineup for its €100,000. The Top Ten list has authors from all continents. Proudly, Nigerian Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Americanah is on the list.
See list below
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Nigerian, Fourth Estate)
2. Horses of God by Mahi Binebine (Moroccan). Translated from French by Lulu Norman. (Tin House Books)
3. Harvest by Jim Crace (British, Picador)
4. The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan (Australian, Chatto)
5. Burial Rites by Hannah Kent (Australian, Little, Brown)
6. K by Bernardo Kucinski (Brazilian). Translated from Portuguese by Sue Branford. (Latin American Bureau)
7. Brief Loves That Live Forever by Andreï Makine (French, Russian-born). Translated from French by Geoffrey Strachan. (MacLehose Press)
8. TransAtlantic by Colum McCann (Irish, Bloomsbury)
9. Someone by Alice McDermott (American, Farrar, Straus & Giroux)
10. Sparta by Roxana Robinson (American, Farrar, Straus & Giroux)
One must also indicate that the IMPAC Dublin Literary Prize Award is the most lucrative for a single novel.